Uplift spa is one of the few spa’s offering services focused on Ayurveda in NYC.
Champi, the Indian word meaning head massage, has been practiced in India for over 1,000 years. Champissage™ is based in Ayurvedic methods paying close attention to the upper back, shoulders, upper arms, neck, head and face – the areas most vulnerable to stress and tension.
At Uplift Spa, we are trained in the practice of Champissage™ through the International school of Indian Champissage™ based in London. Dr. Nahrendra Mehta is world famous for developing his own technique. The treatment is done seated in a chair and fully clothed. Champissage™ addresses stress in an immediate way bringing about tremendous relaxation & relief from stress-related aches & pains. We also offer you the choice of Organic hair oil by Pratima SkinCare.
- General relaxation of muscles
- Relief from chronic shoulder and neck stiffness
- Restoration of joint movement & mobility
- Promotion of hair growth
- Helps in relieving tension headaches, eye strain, earache, jaw ache, sinusitis and congestion
- Aids better in relaxation & sleep (Insomnia)
- Relaxation of the whole person
- A sense of calmness, peace & tranquility
- A release of anxiety
- High levels of alertness & concentration
- Clearer thinking
- Helps in vanishing mental tiredness, edginess, depression, stress etc.
- Balancing of chakra energy
- Releasing stagnant energy; Boosting available energy on all levels
See our Champissage Indian Head Massage service prices here
Kansa Vatki is a detoxifying therapy that eliminate toxins in the body and balance energy. A 5000 year old Ayurveda foot and lower leg massage that focuses on:
- Marma points – Key energy and nerve endings connected to internal organs
- Rebalancing doshas
- Involves the use of oil and a metal bowl
A special Ayurvedic bowl made of ZINC, TIN, and COPPER lightly massages the main Marma points of the legs and feet responsible for creating energy channels to various internal organs in the body. Working on Marma points, helps to rebalance your body’s innate energy.
Benefits of Kansa Vatki
- Revitalizes tired feet and legs
- Promotes sound sleep
- Releases tension, stress and headaches
- Improves digestion
- Enhances lower limb mobility
- Improves blood and lymphatic circulation
- Draws out excessive heat and toxins leaving the body cool and relaxed
See our Kansa Vatki service prices here.
To better serve you we recommend scheduling an appointment at 1-646-952-2084. We look forward to meeting you and bringing your natural beauty to life.
208 East 116th Street
New York, NY 10029
Tuesday – Friday 11am – 7pm
Saturday 10am – 5pm
Conveniently located near the number 6 subway station, and the M101, M102 and M15 MTA Bus stops at 116th Street.
For more read our post on the wonders of the Champissage Indian Head Massage.