It’s official: Skin is in. We’ve known it for a while, but now there’s no avoiding it: ‘Less is more’ has taken precedence in our makeup and skin-care routines. And, as we wear less makeup — or opt for textures that are sheerer, lighter, and more breathable — having smooth, clear skin has nudged its way to the top of our beauty priorities. Skin care can help, but it’s light therapy — LED, lasers, and IPL — that can really overhaul the texture, clarity, and tone of skin without going down the invasive route. With new treatments and destinations that offer the quickest, safest procedures yet, it’s no wonder we’re going mad for lights. We always want to look our best and understand our own bodies. If you do have acne it can really help with that. There are a whole bunch of benefits when it comes to LED light therapy here are just a few.
- Stimulates both collagen and elastin
- Helps to decrease the length and depth of your lines and wrinkles
- Cellular energy is boosted, which helps pimples and blemishes heal faster
- Helps to improve your skin’s texture by increasing circulation and firmness
- Helps to lighten Age spots and discoloration
- Helps to reduce scarring, pore size, and redness
- Helps brighten skin tone
- Helps minimize the appearance of Rosacea and Eczema
- Known for anti-inflammatory properties
Now is it Safe?
Since LED treatment doesn’t emit harmful radiation or heat, it’s 100% safe. This is different from laser treatment, which damages your skin. Furthermore, with LED Light Therapy, there’s no downtime like there is with laser treatment.
Now you can also do this treatment at home for a fraction of the price that going to a spa would cost you; however, you’ll need to have more treatments in order to acquire the same results that you would with a professional.
It is very important to always take care of yourself internally and externally. Luckily light therapy knocks both out of the park.
Learn about our LED Light Therapy services offered at Uplift Spa.